To connect your Macbook to a networked printer please follow the steps below
- Click on the Apple logo in the top right hand corner of the screen
- Mouse over to “System Preferences” and click
- Mouse over to “Printers and Scanners and click
- Mouse over to the “+” sign in the bottom left corner and click
- At the top there is a Search bar, start by typing in your three letter school code followed by "-"
- EXP - Colleyville Heritage High School is CHS-(room#)
- After your school, type in the room number where the printer is located and click on it
- On the bottom of the window there is a drop down menu titled “Use” Click on it and choose “Generic PostScript Printer”
- Click “Add” on the bottom right corner
- The Printer will show up under printers now. Congrats you have connect a Printer!
To check that the printer is connected to your laptop, it never hurts to double check right?
- Double click on your new printer, a pop up will appear
- On the top bar of your laptop mouse over to “Printer” and click
- Mouse over to “Print Test Page” and click
- A test print will print from your printer
- You can now close all the windows. Congrats you have connected and checked the printer!