NOTE: PLEASE CAREFULLY READ STEP 4 AND
BE SURE TO RIGHT-CLICK ON THE FILE
INSTEAD OF DOUBLE-CLICKING.
These directions will take you step by step to enroll your Mac computer in our new Jamf device management system. You only need to do this if you have not recently received a new computer or had yours re-imaged, and support has asked you to manually enroll it. Note: You will need to be a local admin on your computer to do this. If you are not able to pass step 7 because of this your campus support technician should be able to help you.
1. Using your internet browser, log into ClassLink and click the Jamf Mac Enrollment web app.
2. You may not get this window and instead will be taken directly to step 3. You will be automatically logged in and taken to an “assign to user” screen. Type in your first.last network username and click the magnifying glass icon. You will see a check mark once your name is verified. In the bottom drop-down select your campus or department, then click “Enroll”. Note: While it is possible to skip selecting a site it can cause issues with your enrollment, please select the correct campus or department.
3. The next prompt will be for you to “Download and install this package.” Click “Download”.
4. This will download a file called “QuickAdd.pkg”. For this next step you will need to locate where the file was downloaded. Be sure to right-click (or Ctrl-click) the file then select Open With -> Installer.
5. You will get a warning that the application is from an unidentified developer, click “Open”.
6. On the next couple of screens you will click “Continue” until you get to a screen where you can click “Install”.
7. After clicking “Install” you will be prompted to enter your username and password. You will need to be a local admin on your computer for this step to work. Click “Install Software”.
8. The package will install and you will eventually get to a window that you can click “Close”.
9. After closing this window you can go back to your web browser and you should see a new message that reads “The enrollment process is complete.”
Your computer is now enrolled in Jamf. It will begin to run multiple tasks in the background modifying your system to be managed by Jamf. Eventually you will see an application called “GCISD App Store” in your Applications folder. This is the new district software portal and a good indication that your computer has been successfully enrolled.
Please reboot your computer about an hour after your enrollment, or at the end of the day. This will ensure that your system has updated. It is possible that the “GCISD App Store” may not show up until you have rebooted your computer.
If you have any questions or issues please submit a help ticket or contact the help desk at x5629.