When you have random problems with iPads, especially app installations or odd settings problems, it sometimes helps to clear the cache.
IMPORTANT: If you or your student's iPad has the Proloquo2Go app, do not perform this reset. Please contact Technology Services for assistance to ensure a proper backup of the app contents is in place first.
To clear iPad cache:
1. Tap on Settings
2. Tap on General
3. Scroll to the bottom of the list and tap on Reset
4. Tap on Reset All Settings (the first option)
This will wipe out the cache which usually clears up several problems but without deleting apps. It will however reset the network setting so you'll need to reselect GCISD-IPAD (or your home wifi if you are a parent doing this from home) and log into anything that had a login.
Other Troubleshooting Tips:
1. If a student Apple ID is keeping the iPad from updating, please see this article for how to remove it.
iPad Troubleshooting For Parents
2. Check the wifi to be sure it's on GCISD-IPAD (or your home wifi if not on campus)
3. Hard reset - instructions below
Hold the home button on the front and the power button on the top at the same time for several seconds until you see the white Apple logo. Release and allow the iPad to boot normally.