1. How should categories of credit be notated in Eduphoria?
When building a professional learning opportunity in Eduphoria, there is a need to ensure that the appropriate credit categories be denoted. The category for virtually all professional learning will be “1-Continuing Professional Education.” This box ought to be checked for any professional learning activity. In addition, course creators can check additional Course Credit Values that provide more detail for the learning opportunity - GT credit, AVID SI, APSI, Safety Care, etc… .
2. How do the Continuing Professional Education credit hours from GCISD in Eduphoria correspond to the hours I need to have for my SBEC CPE hours?
GCISD is an approved provider of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit. The following CPE Tracking Worksheet for Teachers may be used to document/track hours. This documentation is the responsibility of individual teachers (150 hrs every five years for recertification). Information about TEA guidelines on percentage limits may be found here. Please refer to the TEA FAQ site for more information.
Content Area (no limit)
Professional Development (no limit)
Independent Study (30 hr limit)
Teaching or Presenting CPE’s (15 hr limit)
Defined Classroom Instruction (38 hr min)
3. Who is responsible for entering and tracking credit requests for offerings PD that was completed outside of the district?
Teachers are responsible for their own entry and documentation for SBEC CPE.
The following directions from Eduphoria can be used when adding credits and certificates to a teacher’s portfolio.
4. What approval is needed for professional learning requests/additions to portfolios?
Campus leadership (Principal, Assistant Principal, Learning Liaison) may approve these items.
The approver must have the appropriate “principal” level rights in Eduphoria. If the campus principals wishes to delegate this to the AP or Liaison, they must communicate with the district’s Eduphoria coordinator (Assessment Dept) to add these rights. Directions for approval of credit may be found here.
Approval of credit completed by a member of the campus administrative team must be made by a different member of the admin team on campus.
5. Who is responsible for approving pending requests for credit?
Principal or designee - this needs to be checked at least annually.
6. What types of day to day credit opportunities may teachers count toward Continuing Professional Education? (Note: If these offerings are campus led/sponsored, they will need to be created/approved in Eduphoria by campus staff.)
Professional Learning days (within the school calendar)