Microsoft offers Office 365 access for free, for our current Staff and Students. You can use these directions if you wish to install Office 365 on a personal device. You can have it installed on up to 5 devices Mac or Windows. NOTE: GCISD Technology Services can not provide technical support for software that is installed on a personal device.
Install Office 365:
1. Go to office.com. and click on the "Sign in" button in the upper right.
2. Enter your school email address and click the "Next" button.
3. You may get prompted with the following window, if you do, select "Work or school account". If you do not see this window skip to the next step.
4. On the Grapevine-Colleyville ISD login page, you want to remove the email address part of your name. You want it to only show your username.
5. Enter your password and click "Sign in".
6. If you are greeted with a "Welcome" screen, you may close it.
7. You are now logged into Office 365. Click on the "Install Office" drop-down, and select "Office 365 apps". Follow the prompts to install Office on your platform.
Deactivate an Office install:
If you wish to install office on additional systems beyond the initial 5, you will need to sign out of those older devices. The following steps can be used to do that from your Office 365 account.
1. Follow steps 1-6 from above to log into your office.com account.
2. Click on the "Install Office" drop-down, and select "Other install options".
3. In the "Office apps & devices" box click on "View apps & devices".
4. Under the Office install options click on the "DEVICES" drop-down. Locate the computer you wish to deactivate, and click "Sign out". Follow the prompts and you will be signed out of that device and you will free up one of your 5 installs.