Please follow the instructions below to update the security features on your Macbook. Before starting, be sure your computer is plugged in so it doesn't lose power during the process.
- In the top left corner click on the Apple logo then on System Preferences.
- Click on the Software Update icon.
- If your window looks like the one below, your system is named Catalina and you'll follow the instructions in step 4.
If your window does NOT look like the one below, your system is named Mojave. Please skip to step 6.
- If you are seeing the window above please click on More Info in the circle. DO NOT CLICK ON UPGRADE NOW
- After you click on More Info, you will see available updates. You may only see one Safari update, and that is ok. Click "Install Now" then move on to step 7.
- If your system is Mojave your window should look like the picture below. Please click "Update Now" then move on to step 7.
- The update will take about 20 minutes or so. At some point the computer will look like it has shut down but it hasn't. Please wait until the computer is completely back to the login screen before doing anything.
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THESE FINAL NEXT STEPS!
- Once you're back at the login screen, log in then go to the Apple menu in the top left, click and drag to About This Mac.
- The next screen will show you the version of operating system. The screenshot is Catalina but a Mojave system will also show the version number.
- Click on the actual text of the version number (red box in the example) and it will pop up the "build" number of the operating system.
If you are on Catalina, the build you want to see is 19H1030. If it's anything other than that, restart then go back to the System Preferences and check for another set of updates. Some updates are incremental, meaning they have to have one installed before it will install the next.
- If you are on MacOS Mojave click on the build number you are looking for is 18G7016. If it's anything other than that, restart then go back to the System Preferences and check for another set of updates. Some updates are incremental, meaning they have to have one installed before it will install the next.
- If you are having troubles please submit a help ticket and we will be more than happy to help.