ClassLink and Chrome offer a few settings and features to help our visually impaired user. Bellow are some tips to help you access and use ClassLink.
Make Login Page Bigger
In Chrome, you can make the page you look bigger or smaller, but keep other parts of your screen the same size.
- Make the page bigger: Press Ctrl and +.
- Make the page smaller: Press Ctrl and -.
- Reset zoom: Press Ctrl + 0.
- To change the default settings, you can use this Chrome Zoom Article (external webpage) for directions.
You can also make everything on your screen bigger, this is especially helpful for Chromebook users that need to make the login page bigger.
- Make your screen bigger: Press Ctrl + Shift and +.
- Make your screen smaller: Press Ctrl + Shift and -.
- Reset resolution: Press Ctrl + Shift + 0.
Change ClassLink Theme
The next option you have is to make changes to the ClassLink theme in order to improve viability. Log into ClassLink and click on your profile icon in the top right. From here click on "SETTINGS".
From the Settings window click on the Themes tab. On this page you can make changes to your dashboard settings. Once you have finished close the window by clicking the "X" in the top right.
The "Classic" theme is the default layout. Using this theme you can change your App Size option to "Large". This will increase the size of the icons and font. You can also enable the "High Contrast" option. This will set your background to white and add dark outlines to the icons to make them easier to see.
The other option you may consider is using the "Primary" theme. This theme increase the icon size, and arranges them more like app buttons you would find on a tablet. You can also use the "High Contrast" option to make the icons and buttons more distinct.